Monday, 14 October 2024

Oct. 17 Entrance Slip -- Inquiry Project 1

 


I've decided to focus on integrating Indigenous pedagogies into the Mathematics curriculum. This has felt like a vast and insurmountable topic for me so far in this program. It's been in the back of my mind as something I need to delve into before I begin teaching, but the program has been so busy, that I haven't had time to pursue independent research focuses like this. Therefore, this is the perfect opportunity to begin tackling this point of interest. My second teachable is Social Studies, and introducing Indigenous content can happen fairly organically there, but for the math classroom specifically, I have work to do. I'm excited to start this three-pronged approach where I focus on Indigenous content, Indigenous ways of knowing, and the gap between prescribed and actual outcomes stemming from the curriculum mandates of Indigenisation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment